Does your business show up on Google with correct information? It should! With Google My Business (formerly Google Places), your business listing can appear noticeably in search results with the information that your customers seek. A Google Business listing makes the company stand out in relevant search and appear as a local leader in the category.
If your business is not already appearing via Google Business, follow these steps to get started.
How to set up a Google Business profile:
- Visit https://www.google.com/business/, click “get on Google”.
- Find your business via the search box. As long as it is not currently listed via Google Business, you can set up the business profile by following the prompts on the screen. This will set up a G+ page for the business and begin the listing process.
- You will also be prompted to go through verification steps before the listing will be approved and go live on Google.
- When you are filling out the business listing information for Google Business, be sure to use highly relevant keywords, good quality photos, and correct information.
Our Atlanta-area advertising clients often ask us how to update their Google listing if some information has changed. Of course, we are happy to handle this for them but some clients wonder how to edit a listing themselves. To edit an existing Google Business profile, follow these steps:
- Sign into Google.
- Search for the business name. When the Google Business listing appears, there will be a “suggest an edit” link underneath the main information.
- The information will appear with pencil icons next to each section. Click on those pencil icons to suggest an edit to that piece of information. For example, if the business address has changed, click the pencil icon adjacent to the address in the Google Business listing and input the new address. Press “send” to send the suggested edit to Google.
- Google will email with notification when the suggestion is being reviewed, and again when the update is finalized.
An up-to-date Google Business listing is a must-have search piece for any business. At id8, we assist our clients with up-to-date listings, optimal web designs, and search engine marketing, among other advertising functions. We are a truly full-service Atlanta advertising agency. To learn how our experienced marketing professionals can manage your SEO, contact id8 today. 770-428-8668 or firstname.lastname@example.org.